2011 - 49 In 7!!
Hot rodding's ultimate iron man Dave Schaub drove his Brizio prepared '32 roadster through all 49 continental Unites States in an amazing 7 days, 14 hours and 21 minutes in a fund raising effort for the kids of the Ronald McDonald House at Stanford. It was the second trip through all 49 states for Schaub in the last two years!
As of 2014 Dave has raised $193,518.87. If you would like to donate to Ronald McDonald House, please do so by listing "49 in 7" on the check and send it in to Ronald McDonald House at Stanford.
He took off from Maine in the wee morning hours of Saturday, September 10th and after 8,680 miles drove into Hyder, Alaska Saturday afternoon September 17th. He went through 542 gallons of gas and averaged 63.7 mph. Why would a hot rodder like Dave put himself through something like this? It's a logical question. "I'm creating an opportunity for people to get involved in helping others," he said. "It's my way of getting people with similar interests to step up and support something they can connect with and be proud they did. Besides it's just a few weeks out of my life to help make a difference".
2009 - 49 In 9
In 2009 this member, Dave Schaub completed an AMAZING TASK, driving his 32 Roadster through 49 States in less than Nine Days! This was a charity drive benefiting the children and families at the Stanford Ronald McDonald House. Dave drove 9856 miles and so far has raised over $100,000, with more donations and pledges still coming in.
Body & Paint:
1932 Roadster body by Wescott
Working cowl vent
3 inch chopped windshield frame
Rolled rear pan
Body work by Kenny March
Custom Hood and sides by Jack Hagemann Jr.
Steel 1932 Grill Shell smoothed and filled
PPG Deep Black 2 Stage Paint, pinstriping by Rory
- Custom built chassis by Roy Brizio Street Rods
- 1932 Frame Rails, stretched 4 inches, bobbed and pinched
- Custom tube center and crossmembers
- Walker Radiator with Spaal fan
- 4" Dropped I beam chromed, drilled, Posie Super Slide spring
- Pete & Jakes Hairpins, front disc brakes, Wilwood rear disc
- Mullins Steering box
- 35 gallon stainless steel gas tank and custom filler
- Halogen lights; Pia driving lights on custom light bar
- Edlebrock polished tube front shocks and coilover rear shocks
- Chromed Pete & Jakes rear Ladder bars
- Dutchman Quickchange rearend 2.55 gears
- American Racing Wheels with Tires by B.F. Goodrich Radial T/A's
- The car is powered by Edelbrock small block Chevrolet Engine
- Edelbrock 650 cfm Carb
- Sanderson Headers, Custom built exhaust, coated, with 30” mufflers
- Edelbrock air cleaner and valve covers
- MSD ignition and Taylor wires
- B&M Turbo 350 Trans, Lokar shifter
- K & N Fliters
- Edelbrock Performance Lubricants
Interior and Top:
- Black Bop Top & Red Custom Upholstery by Sid Chavers
- German square weave red wool carpet
- 1932 dash with Stewart Warner gauges in Haneline insert
- Custom 3 spoke wheel
- Enos wiring panel, custom wiring by Matt Connelly
- Dynamat insulation
- Sony Radio/CD player and speakers
- Garmin GPS